RE: bumble bee wire ??

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: bumble bee wire ??
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 19:12:19 -0800
> My question is where the heck do you get the spark plug
> connections.  It seems
> that making your own spark plug wire is now a lost art.
> I went to the local auto parts store, and was told we used to
> have them but
> since spark plug wire now comes fully assembled, haven't seen the ends in
> years.

It pays to ask around ... during the 2001 VTR convention I drove to a NAPA
store in a nearby town (closest auto parts store to the convention) to buy a
coil wire terminal.  The first clerk said much the same thing, that they
hadn't carried them in years, and tried to sell me an assembled coil wire.
I asked him if it was solid-core wire (since I was going to cut off one end
and put it into a TR3 dizzy cap), he said yes.  When he handed me the wire,
it was carbon core, so I handed it back saying it wouldn't do.  That was
enough for him finally to ask for help ... the old guy in the back knew
where the terminals were and sold me one.

Randall