Re: Question About Smog Control in England

Subject: Re: Question About Smog Control in England
From: "Andrew H. Litkowiak" <andylit@covad.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 07:52:50 -0600
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Bill Brewer wrote:

>      A co-worker is telling me that in England they made it so you can only
> drive your classic pre-smog control sports car on weekends and holidays. I
> don't think so. Can someone familiar with English smog laws fill me in?
>      We are grumbling about Dean Flores new state bill.

That would seem to be pretty extreme for a country that is only now in the final
stages (or just completed) phasing out the availability of leaded petrol. Don't
quote me on the timetable, but it hasn't been very long since some stations
still
offered leaded fuel right out of the pump for classic cars.

Andy Litkowiak