Re: Here's a thread we haven't had for a while...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Here's a thread we haven't had for a while...
From: "Dennis N Culligan" <dncullig@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 13:18:06 -0500 +SPRs MIAS5EXFG4, MIAS5AUFPV and DHAG4Y6R7W, MATTEST |November 8th, 2002) at 02/28/2003 01:20:30 PM
    My car has the red,white and blue Union Jack decals on
the rear wings, the badge in the grille, the center caps on the
wheels and even my license plates (TR6IUMPH), front and
rear, declare it a TR6, but the inevitable question arises - Is
that an MG?  I'm guessing this is due to better advertising on
the part of MG back when the cars were new - much of the
American public assumes that ANY sports car is an MG.
And of course when you tell them "No, it's a Triumph", they
ask "Who makes it?"

Dennis Culligan / 1976 TR6 - CF57948U - TR6IUMPH