(Fwd) Re: Here's a thread we haven't had for a while...

To: "triumphs@autox. Net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: (Fwd) Re: Here's a thread we haven't had for a while...
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 21:33:28 -0500
On 27 Feb 2003 at 16:41, Michael Hargreave Mawson wrote:

> What's the most stupid attempt anyone has ever made at guessing the
> identity of *your* LBC?

Two elderly couples at a campground identified my GT6 as a Datsun.  I

guess they meant the 240Z.

Reminds me of the story Peter Egan wrote a year or so ago about
accompanying a friend driving a real Cobra (not a replica) from
California to N Carolina.  Some mechanic at some garage in some small

town in the desert thought the Cobra was a (umm), I ferget...  Nash
Metropolitan, perhaps?  Naw, something more exotic.  Anyway, one of
them commented that there must be only 47 people in the country who
had ever heard of that kind of car, and the other guy replied "Yeah,
and we're two of 'em."
--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com