Re: eBay scam or not?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: eBay scam or not?
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 11:41:07 EST
A while ago I did get a legitimate credit card update request from e bay.  It
asked me to go to the e bay site and update my info.  I used regular e bay
page links and not those contained in the e mail just in case the mail was
fake.

Turns out my expiration date was past and needed to enter the info on the e
bay page.  Real web sites will never ask for a credit card #,  though some
vendors will ask only if you are in a transaction with them.  In that case I
send the  # in two different e mails and split the # up. Also don't put
"Credit Card Info "in the body or header.  This prevents someone from using a
mail sniffer.

Harold