i knew barbie was stuck up, but this ?

To: "INTERNET:lstein6@earthlink.net" <lstein6@earthlink.net>
Subject: i knew barbie was stuck up, but this ?
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 10:21:04 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>, "Triumphs@Autox. Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id gBUFNEcq013955
Message text written by INTERNET:lstein6@earthlink.net
>the ghosts of the triumph factory are at it again.  i installed a
mechanical
>oil pressure guage this weekend.  also tried to figure out why my voltage
is
>16v (must be the regulator, right ?).   when i closed the whole thing up
>tonight, thats when i noticed it.  the headlights are up.  turn em off,
turn
>em on, key off, key on, they stay up !  workshop manual shows a circuit
>breaker.  but where ???  fuses are all good.  any ideas anyone ?
>thanks, larry, lstein6@earthlink.net

The circuit breaker is mounted to the fuse block bracket (along with a
number of relays) behind the glove box.  But this may not be the problem.
I would guess the headlamp switch.  Or the connector.  There is a wire that
is hot when the lights are off that energizes the relays to close the
lights.  If the contacts are corroded (common) and this wire is not getting
12 volts the lights will never go down.  (and that ain't all bad)

Since the switch is easier to get to, check it first.

Dave