TR3A Disc Brake Re-assembly

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A Disc Brake Re-assembly
From: David Willett & Carol Gray <willgray@region.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 16:44:28 -0500
I am about to re-assemble my 3A disc brake calipers (pre - TS 56376
type) with new pistons, gaskets and dust covers. The Haynes manual
seems to suggest that this is a fairly straightforward operation, but
I suspect that getting the pistons in straight and the dust  covers
properly located could be a bit tricky. I also noticed that the DPO
had applied some sort of rubber adhesive between the piston /dust
covers and the brake shoes: additional sealing? anti squeal?
  Any thoughts on these matters would be appreciated.
  Thank you.
  Dave
--
1957/1960 Triumph TR 3A
  # TS24301/TS80479

--
dangerous content at Northstar Internet by our MailScanner and Virus Scanner,
and is