Triumphs & Indian Movies...

To: triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Triumphs & Indian Movies...
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 14:22:52 -0500
While flipping channels earlier, I stumbled on the local "foreign interest"
station, which was playing "Justice Chaudruy", apparently an early 1980's
Indian film about the intrigues surrounding the local crime boss, and the chief
justice of the town & family. I was quite entertained by this movie- While the
plot was interesting, and the special effects rather low budget compared to
US/Hollywood fare, I was never bored. American films these days are so often
just an excuse to demolish stuff, blow it up, and put blatant nudity and sex on
the screen(Nudity I don't have much of an issue with...) that the story line is
often secondary to the movie. And some American films don't even seem to have a
plot beyond "low things up between sex scenes"

One of the things I enjoyed most was a TR4 or 250 which was involved in many
scenes, usually the important car, and in the end it was used to destroy the
bad guy's car- without sustaining too much damage... Cute little beat up red
TR, had a hardtop, and then no top... Looked like it might have become a nice
resto project after filming...

I haven't watched too many other Indian produced films, so I can't act as
critic, but I thought it was good, although the dance scenes(something American
dramas are sadly lacking) seemed a little long at times. And how do the women
hit those notes? Some of the prettiest actresses I've seen in a while.
Interesting story, well played, LBC's all over the place, easy to read
subtitles. And I was quite surprised by the amount of English-English words
were thrown about in the language- I will not try to even guess which language
and dialect, but every few words something English popped into the conversation
or singing. I know it happens all the time, in all languages, with all
languages, but still, it was unusual for me, and brought about the small world
feeling. Although, gee, didn't the English visit India  for a spell? ;) (Yes- I
am familiar with the English and India... So I know where it comes from-
kidding about a bit!)

Well, that ends social studies and Triumphs 101 for this session. A tip of the
hat to our friends over on the sub-continent. :)

Scott