Re: TR3 Rear Seat

To: ebartle@hbci.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 Rear Seat
From: Divits@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 15:54:32 EST
Hello Eric, when I restored my 57 TR3 It did not come with the rear seat
however I wanted to put one in. What I ended up doing was when I ordered my
new leather interior I ordered it with the a rear seat along with the
brackets. I then cut a piece of 3/4 inch plywood to fit the rear seat
material and padding. I then used an adhesive on the plywood and adhered the
padding to it, then recovered with the new leather rear seat material. It
looked and fit perfect! When speaking with the owner of a local Triumph
restoration shop he advised me that this is the same procedure they use.

I hope this helps! It was a rather easy project.

Cheers,
John McGreal