Brake restricter: What's inside?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake restricter: What's inside?
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 03:18:25 -0700 (PDT)
I'm pretty sure the brake restrictor on my early TR4 is a little over zealous
at its job.  When I only drove the car occasionally, it was a minor annoyance.

Now however it is one of the top 5 annoyances on my list.

I dug around in the brake parts box and found the 4 way union / restrictor /
brake light switch from another car.

I disassembled it to clean it during Monday night football.

On this particular one, there wasn't anything inside the "restrictor."

Although it looks like there is room in there for some sort of spring or valve
or something.

Whats supposed to be in there?
Has mine already been gutted by a previous owner with the same issue?

Thanks in advance

Scott Tilton
63 TR4 Everyday
Leesburg, VA