TR6 clutch replacement

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 clutch replacement
From: Volare340@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 08:28:35 EDT
Fellow TR listers and devotee's,

Thanks in advance for all the solid advice I will get from you on this
question and those asked by others that I read and save for future use.

The throwout bearing in my 74 TR6 is noisy and I hate to do it but I am going
to attempt clutch replacement at home for the first time.  I have the shop
manual for general reference - any tips, secrets, warnings anyone can share?
Do's and Don'ts?  The old "if I had to do it over again, I would or wouldn't
do..."?  I rate my mechanical abilities at fair but I am a good parts
changer.

How much of the interior has to come out?  And, the thing I am worrying about
is lining everything up and keeping it that way before it goes back together.
 I hear it's easy to bend something.

I will keep you all informed of my progress, and thanks!

Tom K
North Atlanta
74 TR6
Bits and pieces of a 79 MGB