Re: Front engine sealing block

To: bob <rmf3860@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Front engine sealing block
From: mporter@zianet.com
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 03:45:21 GMT
Cc: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>, Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>, triumph mail list <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Triumph 6-pack mail list <6pack@autox.team.net>
bob writes:

> Mitch:
> I believe the alternative to helicoil that Randall is talking about is
> available though Eastwood. I bought a set just to have around. As Dick
> Taylor points out, the bolts that go through the front aluminum block
> are definitely shorter. Stick something in the hole to know for sure the
> length of the bolt you should use.

The ones I suggested to Mitch were Keenserts (the ones from Eastwood are
likely the same). These should be available through any good hardware
supply, cheaper than they would be through Eastwood.

They are really slick, and work well. We had a customer who'd torn out
mounting bolts from the rear engine mounts for a Cummins C8.3 engine with a
ZF transmission (this combination weighs about 2500 lbs) because the
aluminum bellhousing was a bit too soft, so I suggested Keenserts, and
they've had no problems since.

Cheers.