Re: Fuel tap (TR3A)

To: ryoung@navcomtech.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel tap (TR3A)
From: Popnglo@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 18:46:13 EDT
Randall,
I don't think this mount is for the brake line, since the connection for the
brake line between rubber hose and steel line doesn't run here on the
diagonal brace, but rather a bit more forward of this mount. This mount is
almost exactly 3/4 up on the diagonal. In any case, I installed the tap using
this mount and the eye bolt. The only draw back it seems is, if ever I need
to remove the tap I would first need to disconnect the hose clamp and braided
fuel line so I could back off the lock nut completely. Having th3 "U" shaped
mounting bracket would be an advantage here.

The tap is in, as are all the other fuel lines to the tank (actually to the
boot), no leaks, and now running from a 2.5 gallon container in the boot. The
AC fuel pump is working like a charm, TRF rebuild kit had all I needed, I
really dig the priming lever. The timing is good, seems to be running a bit
rich with the points, as compared to the Allison, but I'll wait for a test
drive before putting on the Colortune and doing anything to the carbs.

Thanks,
Ed (TR3A waiting for the tank)