Fuel tap (TR3A)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel tap (TR3A)
From: Popnglo@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 00:40:15 EDT
Something missing ... ?
I went to install the fuel tap today and found that there wasn't an obvious
location (something seems missing). There is a position on the diagonal strut
of the frame that appears to be the correct location. However any bracket
that may have been there to attach it between the tap and the frame is there
no longer. The manuals (Hayes, Bentley, MOSS, TRF, etc) and other literature
(Piggott's) doesn't really indicate a part holding the tap to the frame. I
feel that a bracket of sorts must be missing. All the diagrams seem to show
the tap as a part of the fuel lines, but just sitting space, so to speak.

I've devised a way to attach it using an eye bolt, however, before I go ahead
and do it I'd like to know if there is a better way.

Any suggestion welcome, TIA.

Best Regards,
Ed (58 TR3A) - waiting on the tank, too.