Re: Fuel tap (TR3A)

To: ryoung@navcomtech.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel tap (TR3A)
From: Popnglo@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 09:28:08 EDT
In a message dated 04/21/2002 1:16:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ryoung@navcomtech.com writes:

> It does indeed sound like you are missing the bracket.  ISTR there is (or
> was) a two-fingered open ended thing welded to the diagonal brace, the tap
> slipped into the slot and had a nut that tightened down onto the "fingers".

Randall,
Thanks for the info. There is in fact a welded piece about half the distance,
on the bottom, wheel side of the diagonal brace, which has ~ 5/16" through
hole. I imagine the "two-fingered" bracket may have been bolted to this, and
which the tap was attached. Using this welded piece, with the eye bolt, three
stacked nylon washers to make up the diameters, I can attach the tap using
its lock nut, so that it sits just forward of and adjacent to the oil filter
housing. This seems to be the right place for the tap, though none of the pix
I have show this location down below the steering column and under the diz
very clearly.
Best Regards,
Ed