Re: Silicone Brake Fluid

Subject: Re: Silicone Brake Fluid
From: "M. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 15:48:01 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I'll ditto that.  I've switched three LBC's from Castrol LMA to DOT 5, and the
only failure I've experienced was to lose a clutch slave cylinder, which may
have
just been coincidence.

I do recommend draining and pumping out the system, and then pumping through a
quart of DOT 5 before closing off the bleed screws for the last time.  Just for
good luck, I also do another bleed some three months later.

--
Martin Secrest
72 TR6