Silicone Brake Fluid

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Silicone Brake Fluid
From: David Delano <ddelano_98@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 08:10:56 -0700 (PDT)
OK,  I have heard the pro's and con's and all the
warnings about making sure you replace all seals
before converting to silicone brake fluid...

So, for your chemistry majors out there - what's the
rationale for this and what if you leave rubber hoses
original and some seals (rear cylinders)without
replacing them?  Does it make any difference if the
car has been in a resting state with basically no
brake fluid in it for quite some time?  Seals are good
- tested and working fine with silicone brake fluid in
the system...

How long would it take for a failure to become
apparent?  What would this failure look like?  Leaking
brake fluid?

I guess I am looking for some real world experience
that will convince me I need to go all the way with
all hoses and seals.  Front caliper seals, master
cylinder and two hoses already replaced...

Thanks - Dave D. - Cincinnati, OH CT0675
http://games.yahoo.com/