RE: sun top (was Wind deflector)

To: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>, TR List <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: sun top (was Wind deflector)
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 18:26:20 -0400
Message text written by Randall Young
>I should've mentioned, there is an upholstery shop in LA that will install
zip-out windows in the earlier tops.  Sorry, I didn't save the contact
info,
but I can probably find it if anyone wants it.  ISTR it was fairly
expensive, close to the price of a new top.
<

A few local members of the Austin Healey club have had zippers installed in
their early model (non-zippered) tops.  We all agree that it is actually
cooler with the top up and all the windows open than with the top down.
You get some shade from the sun and there is a bit less turbulence.  I
usually drive that way on trips in excess of an hour.

BTW, the turbulence at 10,000 ft is noticably less than at sea level.

Cheers

Dave