Re: Fuel Leak

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Leak
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 21:40:43 +0100
In article <010FA8EF.718D11AD.00067517@netscape.net>, Marshall
<mkatnt@netscape.net> writes
>Hopefully I'm posting to the list.
>
>My garage reaks from petrol yet I see none on the floor. My fuel gauge
>seems to drop even though I'm not driving. Could a worn out gas cap
>gasket be causing so much trouble?

Shouldn't think so.   Mine is fairly tired, but I don't have this
problem.   The only fuel loss I have ever had came from a loose clip on
the rubber section of the fuel line.   Petrol, evaporates very fast, so
you can still lose a fair amount without any sign of puddles of
explosive liquids on the floor.   Run your fingers along the fuel pipes
and see if they get wet.   If you're feeling particularly adventurous,
try lighting your hand with a match after you have carried out this
investigation...

ATB
--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"