Re: Kastner Cylinder Head Mods

To: john__matthews@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Kastner Cylinder Head Mods
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 13:48:25 +0200
Cc: 1-Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hello John,
you wrote:
> Hi,
> Does anyone have detailed instructions for cylinder head mods?
> Also would be interested in photos or personal experiences with same.
> Thanks,
> John Matthews
> '61 Herald
> '63 TR 4

A couple of years ago I was the satisfied custodian of no less than
three of the 15-something known today Stage II cylinder heads for
the 1147cc Spitfire engine. Anyways, one of them is a Kas Kastner
prepared, ex Team Canada head, and another one is a never-touched NOS
head - so it's easy to see what he did to the prepared one...
My friend Brett Dennis, who's been the Spit 1-2-3 secretary of the
TSSC, have written an article in the March 2002 issue of the TSSC
Club magazine; the Courier. In it there are some pictures of my heads
etc accompanying his text material that might be of interest to you.
You should get that magazine.

[The collection consisted of three Stage II heads, one set of inlet
manifolds + DCOE40 Webers and a NOS 8000 rpm tach...
Don't ask - my collection is not for sale. Not currently, anyway...
And the Kastner head is already delivered to a very keen collector
in Britain...]

Regards
/Odd

--
Odd Hedberg
Pomonagatan 4           International liaison secretary, TR8-rep.,