Re: Careful while driving to mid-Ohio this summer!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Careful while driving to mid-Ohio this summer!
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 19:52:14 +0100
In article <a05100304b8db80f149c6@[216.228.171.254]>, Pete & Aprille
Chadwell <pandachadwell@mac.com> writes
>>http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&519&e=11&u=/ap/2002
>>0411/ap_on_re_us/ohio_concealed_weapons
>
>Apparently, John would prefer to travel in a state where the
>criminals are the only ones with firearms. Any ban on firearms simply
>puts criminals in a better position. I applaud this decision, as it
>makes Ohio a safer state.

Hot damn!   A gnu-control thread!   Haven't seen one of those since I
left rec.arts.sf.written.

Who is organising the side-bets on who gets plonked first, how long
before Godwin's Law is invoked, who's going to be the first person to
mention Switzerland, or the first to claim that the US Constitution was
originally meant to read, "the right to arm bears" and so on?

On the other hand, does triumphs@autox.team.net really *need* this
thread?   Wouldn't it be better to talk about cars?   Little British
ones, made when even the Police didn't carry guns, much less
pizza-delivery drivers?

ATB
--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"