Re: Wiper Motor colors

To: TR250Driver@aol.com
Subject: Re: Wiper Motor colors
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 11:27:02 -0700
Cc: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
4/2/2002 5:58:24 PM, TR250Driver@aol.com wrote:
>I think the Lucas guys were chuckling when they put all these different
>colors on their wiper motors knowing that it would someday drive us nuts!
>The TR6 guys can argue about Hamertone gray or Hamertone silver.  The Spit
>guys have the same issue. I could use some help on this one!

I have nothing that will help clarify this, but I was curious enough to take a
look at mine. My '62 TR4 CT5018LO has a one-speed DR3A that has a silver-
grey painted body. The car is unrestored and while the wiper motor could have
been replaced, the mounting bushing is ancient and there's enough surface
rust on the wiper motor to make me think it's not from a recent decade. The #'s
on the wiper body are:

DR3A 12V 1 6
5407I163   75452A    (could be 54071... instead of "I" I guess)

Steven Newell
Denver, CO USA