Re: Suspension Question--Solved

To: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Subject: Re: Suspension Question--Solved
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 20:44:09 -0400
Message text written by "Jim Muller"
>Yeah, well Webster doesn't know.  In his book "The Sports Car, Its Design
and Performance", Colin Campbell M.Sc., C.Eng., M.I.Mech.E. (a lot of
letters!), published by Robert bentley, 1978, spells it CASTOR. :-)
<

Webster also lists CASTOR as an alternate spelling of CASTER so it looks
like you are both right.  However, if you look at the laundry list of
contributors to the Meriam-Webster dictionary you will see a list of
credentials that will put any one person to shame and holding up an
engineer as a spelling expert is problematic, indeed as engineers are
notorious poor spellers.  Ask me how I know.

Dave Massey, BSEE.

I done learnt myself to spell gud.