<no subject>

To: jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net
Subject: <no subject>
From: "Don Spence" <dspence@oanet.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 22:29:48 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I had a similar thing happen once with my 72 TR6. I'd be happily driving
along a few blocks from home and the engine would start wheezing. I opened
the filler cap to visually check for gas and it hissed as the outside air
rushed in. Car started right up again. Before I got around to fixing it I
had the "pleasure" of reaching back to pop the lid a couple of times as the
carbs  reached the starvation point. Instant relief.

4.  The carbs are getting starved for fuel because your fuel tank is
developing a vacuum as the fuel pump draws fuel out.  Perhaps your gas cap's
vent is plugged.  Or perhaps you mis-rigged a vacuum line that is supposed
scavange vapors from the tank, so you are "vacuumizing" your tank too much.
If you loosen your gas cap does the problem still happen?