Wheel Alignment Question

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wheel Alignment Question
From: Jim Bauder <jimbpps@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 20:13:52 -0700
Listers,

During the recently (last May!) completed  restoration on my TR3, I rebuilt
most of the front end. But I didn't replace the ball joints or the trunions.
The only parts that were worn excessively upon tear down were the control
arm bushings and the tie rod ends. Even the idler arm was in good condition.

What with all the recent discussion on TR alignment lately, I checked the
wear pattern on the new tires on my TR3. I found that the right front tire
is wearing on the outside edge much faster than the other tires. This wear
occurred in a little over 6200 miles that I have put on the car in the last
year and a half. At this rate I will have to replace that tire much sooner
than the others. The car tracks perfectly, there is very little play in the
steering wheel, no suspension vibrations, shakes or shimmies.

Do any of you folks have any ideas or suggestions as to what I should do to
correct this problem?  Or have any of you had the front end aligned on your
TR3 or TR4, and did it work out for you?

Any help and/or comments would be appreciated,

Jim Bauder
'58 TR3
Palo Alto, CA