Re: A vs. J ODs in a TR6?

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: A vs. J ODs in a TR6?
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 08:28:40 +0100
Hi Rob, Nelson
Two points here, the sleeve replacing the roller and spring combo is to
reduce the sideways loading on the mainshaft bearing and the plain bush that
carries the rear of the mainshaft in the o/d unit. A supposed improvement on
the lifespan of the unit. The reverse can be said of the one way bearing in
the o/d unit, the J type one is said to be inferior to the A type one.

Graham.