Re: Powder Coating Plastics. . . part 2

To: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Powder Coating Plastics. . . part 2
From: Jeff Johnson <mondolux@speakeasy.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 23:26:41 -0400
I have followed this thread and as I have been studying the P/C market,
have a couple of points to add. Infra-red is a popular way of heating the
substrate for P/C ing , however it is being replaced with  ultraviolet
light for powders that are UV curable.  There are low temp powders on the
market that allow one to powder coat mylar and other thin substrates in the
printing industry. Some new powders will cure at something like 150 degrees
F. It is unlikely that we hobbyists will see these in common use for
automotive applications any time soon.
Having said that, who knows? - the pace of technology today is staggering.
(At least to me it is!)

Jeff Johnson
rabid P/C 'er
With thanks to 'FT' for getting me started.