RE: Three strikes and I'm out.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Three strikes and I'm out.
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 21:48:48 -0600

< snip, snip >

> Despite my best efforts (and blisters) the philips
> heads deform.

Scott, not to throw salt on your wounds or anything but...

This comes up every so often...if they're factory original, they're not
philips screws, they're posi-driv. If you use a posi-driv bit/screwdriver,
you won't strip the screw heads, at least not as easily. Most (probably all)
of the Phillips like screws on TR6s are in fact posi-driv. You wouldn't use
an 8 point socket on a hex bolt or nut right? The posi bits should be
available from any decent hardware shop. Get #1, #2 & #3, they all used on
the TR6. Should be cheap and will help in avoiding mangling those wacky
screw heads in the future.

HTH

Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO