Re: Many Herald questions...

To: "Kevin B. Rhodes" <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Many Herald questions...
From: Bill Kelly <bk54@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 01:54:18 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Kevin B. Rhodes wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Got to spend some time assessing my new Herald today, so I have a bunch of
> questions.

Congratulations!

> First question - is a Herald steering coupling the same as a 74 Spitfire
> one? If so, I have one in spares.

Are you sure it's the coupling U-joint? These do go, of course, and it can't
hurt to renew the rubber thingeys (technical term:), but I advise from
experience to check everything out to the wheels.

> The accelerator pedal seems to be loosely attached at the bottom, and
> hanging from the accelerator cable at the top - doesn't seem quite right -
> it wobbles all over the place.

Lotsa suggestions to upgrade to Spitfire specs, and I agree completely if you
go to the SUs. If you keep the Solex, I advise making a new hinge at the floor,
and staying with the bicycle-cable design.

Good luck with your new car!

Bill Kelly
GA41328LCV

///