Re: TR3 Wiring Harness Prep

To: Geo Hahn <geohahn@theriver.com>
Subject: Re: TR3 Wiring Harness Prep
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@borg.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 08:55:09 -0500
Cc: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Geo,

I tinned all wires that used a screw connector. The wiring rebuild is over 20
years old with no electrical problems. Just make sure you do a thorough job.
Clean the wire and twist to make it as small/narrow as possible. I would use a
lead/tin electrical solder . Radio Shack still sells the stuff. Get a high tin
ratio, melts quicker, less potential damage to the insulation.

Bob Labuz

1958 TR3A
1974 T140V

Geo Hahn wrote:

> Getting ready to put in a new wiring harness using an old-style Voltage
> Reg, Fuse Block, etc. with screw connectors (not Lucar/spade
> connectors).
>
> Is it best to tin (coat with solder) the wires that will be clamped into
> the screw connectors?  Seems like this would be neater and assure a
> solid connection but didn't know if there were any problems with this
> approach.  Thanks for any thoughts.
>
> Geo Hahn
> 59 TR3A

///