Re: TR3 Wiring Harness Prep

Subject: Re: TR3 Wiring Harness Prep
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 20:11:11 -0800
Cc: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Geo :

I've always tinned mine, the only problem is that it limits the number
of wires you can stuff into any one connection.  Not a problem if you're
following the stock wiring, but my car isn't exactly stock.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver - alternator, electric fan, headlight relay, horn
relay, tape deck, electronic ignition, etc.

Geo Hahn wrote:

> Is it best to tin (coat with solder) the wires that will be clamped into
> the screw connectors?  Seems like this would be neater and assure a
> solid connection but didn't know if there were any problems with this
> approach.  Thanks for any thoughts.

///
///