Re: 6 Cylinder Valve Cover Gasket - PRICING

To: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>, TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 6 Cylinder Valve Cover Gasket - PRICING
From: Jim Bauder <jimbpps@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 15:09:47 -0800
Justin,

Well said! I don't have a 6 cylinder TR either. If I did, I would
certainly buy one of your new TR6 gaskets.

I have one of your 4 cylinder gaskets on my Concours  TR3 now. When a
local shop removed the Silicon Gasket when the engines was hot, and
wasn't willing and/or able to replace it, they put a cork gasket on my
valve cover. I drove it for a few days and it leaked! Yours NEVER
leaked! When I emailed you with my tale of woe about how the gasket
had "grown" too long for my valve cover, (luckily they had returned
it) you told me how to shrink it, (soak it in ice water!). And, you
offered to send me another one if that didn't work!!! It of course did
work and I drove the TR 3 to VTR then to Triumphest and the valve
cover still doesn't leak!

Is the new one worth $60.00? Probably not to everyone, but it is to
anyone that has had maybe 90% of the cork gaskets they have installed
on their TRs leak and that is with "professional" mechanics as well as
me installing them.

Good luck Justin, and keep up the good work,

As always, YMMV and NFI, just a satisfied customer!

Jim Bauder
'58 TR3
Palo Alto, CA

///