Re: Imagination?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Imagination?
From: Twistblts@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 00:35:04 EST
Hi,
     My first car was a '62 Herald station wagon (only one I've ever seen).
Its rear tires also tilted outward at the top. Shortly after installing a new
set of Michelin radial tires, I had my brother take my girlfriend home in my
car. He was driving too fast on the way back and managed to roll the car up
onto the driver's side. About a year later, and a week before I graduated
from high school, I was late to work and going too fast on the same road. I
swerved to avoid an obstacle.. The car went sideways and I saw the road began
to come up through the side window. The next thing I knew, I was on my hands
and knees on the headliner sliding along with windows crashing in around me
and the deafening sound of sheet metal grinding against asphalt. I remember
thinking quite clearly, as the car continued toward its eventual stop, that I
really hoped the sheet metal wouldn't wear through. When I exited the vehicle
through the driver's window, my left are had a road rash from wrist to elbow
and my little finger was missing the last two joints. I walked in my
graduation with a large bandage around my modified digit.
     Be careful that your tires are inflated adequately and don't push the
car too hard in the corners. I don't know if this tendency to roll over was
peculiar to this particular version of the Herald being more top heavy, or is
just a design flaw in the suspension. Either way, something to consider with
yours...

///
///