TR6 Tail lights

To: Charlie Frazer <cfrazer@ballmer.uoregon.edu>
Subject: TR6 Tail lights
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 06:13:01 -0500
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Charlie Frazer
>Can some one help me with TR6 rear turn signals?
When I flip the turn indicator, the front lamp comes on and stays on.
Nothing happens in the rear.
If I put the turn signal on and wiggle/twist/pull the socket in the rear
lamp, in some positions it will flash.
The bulb is OK, and I've carefully cleaned each leg of the socket to insure
good contact.
But it still will not work reliably.
<

Charlie,

Check the condition of the metal fingers on the bulb socket.  Also check
the condition of the inside of the socket itself.  Do you see corrosion?
You have the classic symptoms of bad ground connections.  One option is to
buy new sockets.  I had to resort to this to resolve my TR6 turn signal
problems but you may get by with cleaning the sockets with a wire brush.

Good luck

Dave
57 TR3
71 TR6