Re: TR6 Tail lights

To: Charlie Frazer <cfrazer@ballmer.uoregon.edu>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Tail lights
From: Greg Gelhar <gmark@lightdog.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 05:13:31 -0600
Charlie Frazer wrote:

> Can some one help me with TR6 rear turn signals?
> When I flip the turn indicator, the front lamp comes on and stays on.
> Nothing happens in the rear.
> If I put the turn signal on and wiggle/twist/pull the socket in the rear
> lamp, in some positions it will flash.
> The bulb is OK, and I've carefully cleaned each leg of the socket to insure
> good contact.
> But it still will not work reliably.
> Thanks for your suggestions.
> Charlie Frazer
> Cfrazer@oregon.uoregon.edu

Hi Charlie,

It is common for the tail light bulb sockets to lose their grounding connection
due to age and corrosion. The original connection was only by mechanical
contact of the shell pieces. Clean up an area where the pieces meet and solder
for good electrical continuity.

Greg Gelhar
1980 TR8 dhc
"FUN 2BN"