RE: Polarizing the voltage regulator

To: Susan Tucker <sltucker1@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: Polarizing the voltage regulator
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 09:24:45 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>===== Original Message From Susan Tucker <sltucker1@earthlink.net> =====
>Howdy,
>   My TR4 system has been converted to negative groung.  Can anyone tell me
>how to polarize the voltage regulator and generator?  What connection do I
>touch with the positive/hot side of the battery?
>Do I take the positive of the battery to the field windings or to the
brushes?
>Thanks for your help.

Susan,

It is pretty straightforward and easy to do.  I converted my TR4 as well using
the instructions onthe VTR website:

http://www.vtr.org/maintain/negative-ground.html

This section is full of good advice on many of the common TR problems.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L soon to be "O" - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn
E-Mail: sanborn@net1plus.com