Leaking Diffs on GT6s / Spits

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Leaking Diffs on GT6s / Spits
From: "Ken and Elizabeth" <BethKen@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 07:57:19 -0500
Cc: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Just curious...the 3.89 diff on my GT6+ never leaked a drop. I recently
replaced it with a 3.27 diff and it drips a little bit after every run (I
assume it's dripping while running as well)..never enough to actually leave a
spot on the driveway; just wets the Monza exhaust under it. Many folks have
suggested that if the first diff was totally drip free, it was probably empty!
What's the take...how many of these units drip as a normal function of LBC
engineering? Mine is at the pinion seal.

Ken Shapiro
1970 GT6+
KC81872L
Baltimore, Maryland