Re: TR3 - "Dip" in front of Nose ?

To: pleask@mailhost.wlc.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 - "Dip" in front of Nose ?
From: LaJoMor@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 16:45:01 EST
Another one of those inexplicable coincidences me thinks...

I was just reading "Triumph TRs-The Complete Story" by Graham Robson.
Paperback edition...1996. As I was reading about the early TRs and their
development I noticed the slight "bulge" that rolled over into the recessed
grille area. I then looked at his excellent photos of TR3s...same "bulge". I
then looked at the TR3As...no bulge, but instead what I would describe as a
slight rise just before it rolls over into the grille. I then checked
Piggott's Original Triumph TR-The Restorer's Guide to TR2, TR3, TR3A, TR4,
TR5, TR250, TR6". 1996 edition. On pages 32/33 there are 4 photos of 2 TR2s,
1 TR3, and 1 TR3A which clearly show the bulge and rise.

What started my whole search was seeing the SPEEDVISION Triumph Marque
episode that had color footage of the TR2s at Le Mans. They (the factory)
painted the bulge different colors (orange and yellow I recall) that showed
it very distinctively.

Bottom line...there are many good photos in books also for reference.
Larry M