Re: gas pricing

To: 105671.471@compuserve.com, spitlist@gte.net
Subject: Re: gas pricing
From: TexasTR4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 12:02:11 EST
Cc: ptegler@cablespeed.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, frank@zk3.dec.com
In a message dated 01/04/2001 6:39:59 AM Pacific Standard Time,
105671.471@compuserve.com writes:

> Message text written by Joe Curry
> >There were two gas stations next to each other in the small West Texas
> Town I grew up in, who regularly had a "Gas War" raging.  I can
> remember one day when the prices got down to 5 cents per gallon for a brief
> spell.
> <
>
> Hell, Joe, I always thought you Texans just scooped it up off the ground in
> those days.
>
> Dave

Heck, when I was in high school, the local stations would pay us up to a
dollar a gallon just to take it off theie hands.  I drove enough back then to
pay my way through college.

My grandfather thought this was way too easy as he always had to boil a
dinosaur for his fuel.....

RH...do I win?