Frozen clutch & lost key

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Frozen clutch & lost key
From: "Chris Wilson" <chris.wilson@rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 08:12:36 -0800
Anyone experience a frozen clutch?  I put the car away a few years ago with
the ideas of starting it up every month or two, that turned into every 2-4
months - and the clutch froze.  I tried starting the car in 1st gear trying to
break the "bond" but to no avail - I assume that I have to pull the clutch and
replace, does that about sum it up?

I lost my keys!  Well after the clutch froze and I starting working on the
body - I lost the keys.  The door keys have been replaced as the cylinders
have numbers - but the ignition is another story.  Has anyone every replaced
the ignition (steering column lock) set?  I cringe when I read the factory
manual about "backing out the shear bolts" - any tips?

Thanks,
Chris Wilson
'74 (soon to be finished) TR6?