Re: dipper switch bracket

To: randallyoung@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: dipper switch bracket
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 17:37:16 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 12/23/00 2:28:27 PM EDT, randallyoung@earthlink.net writes:

> If Scott's book reads the same as mine, I'd take that with a grain of
>  salt. (IOW it may not be correct.)  My book also lists all three P/Ns,
>  with no crossover figure.  However, the footnotes state "Interchangeable
>  items are marked with *", and there's no asterisk next to the dimmer
>  switch bracket numbers.

Just one of those quirks of the factory SPC. It would seem that the switch
itself didn't change (or at least not as often as did the bracket), so I can
only surmise that the part number change might have corresponded to either
changes in body stampings (floor pan, side kick panel, etc.), or a change in
the floor covering (carpet to rubber mat, or ???), or ???? Something also
tells me it's likely any bracket probably would work, and only TR Householder
and a few others would ever notice. :-)

--Andy Mace