Re: Title companies

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Title companies
From: Tobermory9@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 16:57:34 EST
You might try a title service company such as Broadway Titles ir
International Title Service (ITS).  I titled a Vespa scooter this way.  The
title company will 'buy' your car from you and for a fee - it was $75.00 for
the scooter - will 'sell' it back to you with paperwork from a non-titling
state such as Alabama or New Hampshire.  I can't vouch for Broadway, but ITS
was fast and professional.  They sent me a bill of sale from New Hampshire
along with a state registration (all a vehicle over 16 years old needs), and
also a copy of the state exemption from needing a title for a vehicle of that
age.  It's all done through an actual person so there's no mention of the
title service company on any of the paperwork - it looks to the DMV as if it
was a private party sale.  I brought the paperwork into the Illinois DMV and
had absolutely no problems.  If you have any other questions about the
service, feel free to e-mail me.
Regards,
Paula K