TR7 BFH#30 --- holding crank

To: Eganb@aol.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR7 BFH#30 --- holding crank
From: Cregg Cowan <cowan@erg.sri.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 17:20:31 -0800
Cc: cowan@erg.sri.com
One method I've heard about but haven't needed to use (yet) is to apply air
pressure to one of the cylinders.  The easiest way is to use the hose from
a compression tester and connect it to an air compressor.  The piston will
go to the bottom of it's stroke and STAY THERE, allowing you to apply
torque to the crank.

I'd be interested if fellow listers have used this method or recommend
against it.

Regards,
Cregg Cowan
71 TR6 CC63192
---
You wrote:
 > Finally, with the engine hanging in the air from the hoist, how am I
going to
 > get enough leverage on the flywheel to torque the bolts instead of simply
 > turning the crank?  Wedge a screwdriver somewhere to hold the flywheel
still?