Re: advice requested

To: "John A. Simmons" <jsimmons@intrepid.net>, "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: advice requested
From: "Chad & Ariane Jester" <ajester@kscable.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 18:03:27 -0600
John,

Here is what I did to a '74 TR6 a few years back:

    Bored .030"
    Milled the Head about 1/8" (requires shortened pushrods for correct
geometry)
    Kent "Fast Road" cam
    Monza Header and Exhaust
    Stock ZS carburetors.

This combo gave me a strong running engine...not sure of the HP, but it was
a lot stronger than a stock TR6 motor.  The idle was a bit choppy, but it
was tame enough for the street.  If I have to do the motor for my current
TR6, I will do the same thing again.  I really don't see a benefit to
putting 3 carbs or SU carbs on for the street.

Regards,

Chad