Re: Revocation of Independence

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Revocation of Independence
From: naldous@ccgmail.com
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 16:16:47 -0500 2000) at 11/16/2000 03:14:16 PM
Screw'em! If they cant take a little humor they can bugger off!

"John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>@autox.team.net on 11/16/2000
03:55:39 PM

Please respond to "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>

Sent by:  owner-triumphs@autox.team.net

To:   "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
cc:

I was disappointed to see this item coming up on this list though I am
sure that many listers will take it in a light-hearted vein. When I
first
saw it on the Jaguar list about 3 days ago, I thought that list would
react in the same way.
It seems quite a number took it entirely at face value - and responded
accordingly.
One is forced to one of two conclusions - perhaps more?
1. It is clear that some people are so proud of their national
identities, that they can't tolerate a jibe or two - for loss of face?
or
2. They have yet to learn to be able to laugh at themselves.
In either category, I suspect they must be very sad and disillusioned
people at heart and possibly better to avoid on the longer term?
In passing, if any Triumph lister subscribes to the Jaguar Pub Digest,
an off-list advice to me as to how I can unsubscribe from it would
have the charm of novelty. I've accidentally deleted my sign-up
procedure and with some of the broad brush flames that are coming to
everyone on the digest, I think I'd rather make friends with a nest of
angry rattlesnakes than court cyber-friendships with some of its
current members.

Jonmac