Low TR6 Oil Pressure

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Low TR6 Oil Pressure
From: "Rob C Swift" <RSwift@AVMTOnline.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 16:09:05 -0500
I can comment on #'s 3 and 4

        I am using the oiler tube for the rocker assembly.  There is no
noticeable
difference of any kind in performance or valvetrain noise.  This said, I
still think it was a positive upgrade just because I like the idea of doing
anything I can to help lubricate the car.

        I DO use 20W 50 oil during the summertime for exactly the same reasons
you
are.  It DID solve my low oil pressure problems (at idle), and I swear it
helps reduce the frequency of run-on after shut off IN MY CAR.  I have plans
of switching to Red Line's synthetic 20W 50, but have not done it yet.

Hope this helps,

Rob Swift
Manassas, Virginia