Re: TR6 Rear Hub Question

To: ingate@horizon.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Rear Hub Question
From: Don Marshall <marshall@nefcom.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 16:07:58 -0400
At 04:34 PM 9/15/00 -0000, ingate@horizon.com wrote:

>All,
>
>Bob Lang sent me his thoughts on different rear hubs
>for IRS Triumphs, and forgot to cc the List.  Well, here
>it is.....

< Snip >

>An added attraction of the Corvair conversion is that the lug pattern is
>4 on 4.5" - just like our big TR's. Yippeee! You don't have to get new
>wheels.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the Corvair spindles are a 5 lug pattern, at
least the ones on my car were.  I recently had them redrilled to the TR 4
lug pattern.  Figure another $100 - $150 to have a good machine shop do
that part.  They'll have to weld up one of the holes and then drill 4 new
ones in the right locations to match the TR pattern.

Regards,
Don Marshall