Re: Very unhappy tr-4 engine

To: jordan hess von kluck <kluckvon@students.uiuc.edu>
Subject: Re: Very unhappy tr-4 engine
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@borg.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 17:03:14 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Jordan,

I would guess that the circlip that holds in the gudgeon pin came out or
busted. Or maybe a ring broke and caused the pits. I have seen this once
before long ago on an engine I  ripped apart for parts. Don't know what caused
it, faulty circlip or faulty installation. Looks like new sleeves and pistons
though.

Bob Labuz

1958 TR3A
1974 T140V