Re: This clutch is to much.

To: VK0216@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: This clutch is to much.
From: Glenn Rattmann <k6na@cts.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 07:08:39 -0700
At 08:26 PM 06/21/2000 -0400, you wrote re TR6:

>1.  Which hole of the three in the clutch shaft does the slave cylinder
>piston attach to?

Virgil,
With the stock clutch setup, the center hole is the correct one.  This
assumes all your pivots, bushings, clevis pin, clevis fork, etc. are in
good shape.  If not you accumulate slop in the system which affects the
throw.  Also, a slightly bent taper pin in the clutch cross-shaft results
in poor clutch operation for the same reason.  I don't recall from your
earlier posts a few weeks ago whether you have already inspected or changed
those internal parts.

One of my cars has the heavy-duty clutch kit from Brian Schlorff, and the
slave attachment is on the lower hole in that case.

>2.  I seem to have a frothy substance to the hydraulic fluid surfacing at
the
>top of my master clutch cylinder.

I assume you have replaced all your fluid during your previous bleeds on
the clutch, so it must be pretty new and not full of crud.  Beyond that I
don't know, but if there is foaming in clean fluid there must be air mixing
with it as the m/c is operated.  So that would seem to indicate an internal
problem.

Good luck,
Glenn  TR6's
San Diego