RE: Re: Big Healey vs. Triumph TR6

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Re: Big Healey vs. Triumph TR6
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TRSix@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 17:30:14 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I've owned both too but the Healey was 30 years ago when I was in college.
As has been pointed out, cost is the biggest factor............... a real
good TR6 $8K or less versus $20K or more for a 3000. Factor in maintenance,
repairs, insurance and  the difference climbs even more. But to me the
biggest factor is use, and when I went looking I wanted a car that I could
drive every day, park anywhere and not worry (well mostly not worry).
There's no way I'd leave a Healey in a parking lot at the mall or the golf
course. That made the TR6 a no brainer........ I could afford to buy it,
repair it, maintain it and insure it.............. but mostly I could drive
it. If money were no object I'd have one of each: my daily driver TR6 and a
shine and show Healey. My head still snaps around when one drives by more so
then with any other car.

Bob Danielson
75 TR6 - Current Status at
http://pages.cthome.net/BobD